Friday, May 31, 2013

Infertility in the Mormon Church

I recently read a blog about a woman's fight with infertility and being a part of the Mormon Church. She said she felt like an outcast and that no one would talk to her of sit by her. She even said that she was told by the bishop that she was not worthy to go to the temple because she was married with no children for 13 years. After reading this blog I felt horrible. I have never been treated like that and when I found out I was infertile I told my bishop, RS president, and my visiting home teachers. I have been very open with my disease. In my  ward every one still treats me with kindness and respect. The bishop placed me in the nursery and I truthfully love it in there. Though I still get the "when are you going to have one of your own?" questions they are easy to answer I simply say me and my husband are struggling with infertility and they normally say they will pray for me, I give them a simple thank you and walk away. For any women that the people in the Church or the writings of the Church has made feel like you can't belong of that they don't want you, I'm Sorry. My ward has some of my most amazing supporters in it. If I ever need someone to talk to I know many sisters that I can turn to. Reading about how this woman felt alone in the church broke my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment